Finance Career Overview: Quick Facts
Thinking of a career in finance? See if you and finance are a good fit.
What You'll Do
- Prepare financial statements
- Study and forecast economic trends
- Monitor financial details to make sure legal requirements are met
- Review company reports and suggest efficiencies
- Analyze market trends to improve profit
- Advise management on financial decisions
- Research and recommend investments
Finance is a broad field with a range of opportunities for those who want to help people succeed financially. The umbrella term incorporates jobs like financial manager, financial analyst, personal financial advisor and financial examiner, as well as careers in insurance. Financial workers stay abreast of economic developments, tracking and predicting changes in order to increase efficiency and profit. Their solid money skills can be the backbone to a successful operation or personal investment. If you’ve thought of entering the world of finance, learn which personal and professional traits you’ll need to succeed in these careers.
You should have...
|Technology savvy||Strong math skills|
|Pursuasive||Attention to details|
|Enterprising||Strong people skills|
|Goal oriented||A desire to collaborate|
|Highly organized||Negotiation skills|