Human Resources in a Nutshell: Quick Facts
Thinking of a career in human resources? See if you and an HR career are a good fit.
What You'll Do
- Interview and hire qualified job applicants
- Perform background checks on job applicants
- Conduct or help with new employee orientation
- Maintain employment records and process paperwork
- Advise managers on organizational policies
- Mediate disputes and direct disciplinary procedures in the workplace
Human Resources are a core component of every business. They’re responsible for recruiting, screening, interviewing and placing workers in a company. They manage payroll, benefits and employee training. Human resources managers go a step beyond by analyzing and helping to organize the workforce to best use employee talents. They also mediate disputes and advise on policies. If you’ve thought of working in human resources, learn which personal and professional traits you’ll need to succeed in these careers.
You should have...
|A critical thinker||Strong people skills|
|A problem solver||Attention to details|
|A team player||Clerical skills|
|Highly organized||Negotiation skills|
|Highly organized||The desire to collaborate|