Marketing Quick Facts: 11 Traits of a Successful Marketer
Thinking of a career in marketing? See if you and marketing are a good fit.
What You'll Do
- Meet with clients to provide marketing or technical advice and strategy
- Initiate market research and analyze findings
- Plan advertising campaigns
- Prepare and discuss contracts, advertising media, and products to be promoted
- Develop pricing strategies for products and meet the goals and budgets of the customer
Marketing careers attract creative and driven individuals. Though most marketing jobs are specialized, marketing typically draws on your ability to match perception of the market with achievable plans of action. Best for self-starters who can manage multiple tasks, a career in marketing can be demanding—long hours and travel are often required— but the field rewards merit and performance. If you’ve thought of a career in marketing, learn which personal and professional traits you’ll need to succeed.
You should have...
|A great negotiator||Creativity on demand|
|A creative and strategic thinker||Attention to detail|
|Resourceful||Ability to focus|
|Goal-oriented||Desire to collaborate|