International Business Career Quick Facts
Thinking of a career in international business? See if you and an international job environment are a good fit.
What You'll Do
- Manage imports and exports In multinational corporations
- Translate for business
- Travel abroad to facilitate business deals
- Prepare employees for foreign travel and business dealings
- Study and implement ethical behavior and standards
- Practice cultural sensitivity in business
- Represent your company internationally as a sales representative or consultant
Fuel the growth and success of multinational corporations with a career in international business. You'll find many exciting opportunities for work at home and abroad. An increasing number of businesses now conduct business globally. In international business you'll engage with global and cultural business issues as an import/export agent, translator, foreign currency investment advisor, foreign sales representative, international management consultant and more. If you're in interested in learning where international business can take you, learn which personal and professional traits you'll need to succeed.
Is There a Degree You Should Earn?
If you choose international business as your future career, your education requirements will be similar to those for finance careers. What this means is, if you decide to enter a field that is not only competitive, but in this case globally competitive, you'll need to think master's degree or MBA to be a contender for management roles. Fortunately, you have master's-level options. You might consider an MBA in International Business, a Master of International Management or a Master of Arts or Science in International Business.
- Curious and intuitive
- A team player
- Highly motivated
You should have…
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Interest in travel
- The ability to work under pressure
- Negotiation skills